Our complaints policy
- We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. Wherever our service is unacceptable, unsatisfactory, or falls below our usual standard then we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
- If you have a complaint, including a complaint about a bill, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint normally within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Phil Bramhall, our Principal, who will review your file.
- Unless the complaint is accepted and resolved by letter, Phil Bramhall will arrange a meeting with you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will aim to do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Phil Bramhall will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Phil Bramhall will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, normally within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for Phil Bramhall to review his own decision or arrange for review by another local solicitor.
- We will write to you normally within 21 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied and you are an individual, very small business, charity, club or a trust, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.
- If your complaint is about a bill, in certain circumstances you may also have the right to object to the bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. In these circumstances, the Legal Ombudsman may not deal with the complaint. If all or part of a bill remains unpaid, the firm may be entitled to charge interest.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- Phil Bramhall will personally handle any complaints a client may have.
Assessing and recording complaints
- All complaints received from clients will be dealt with and recorded in a central complaints file. The data collected from this file will help to improve the business and our client’s experience in general. The data will form the basis of our annual general review.
Definition of a complaint
- An expression of dissatisfaction.
Phil Bramhall is the most competent advisor on employment law issues that I have encountered in over 20 years in the industry. Real pragmatism and a proven ability to meet the needs of the most demanding of clients combines to produce an overall service offering that is second to none.
Russ McCallion, Human Resources Director, PD Ports PLC
Phil’s approach is extremely professional and decisive, but his style is relaxed and approachable. Phil is an excellent employment law adviser whom we value highly. Worth every penny.
Anne Hughes, Human Resources Manager, Arriva North West & Wales
Phil quickly assimilated the objectives of the organisation and provided a flexible, consistent and speedy service as and when required. The value was the practical support when I was under pressure and solutions to employment related issues.
Sharon Owen, Human Resources Manager, Innovata Plc
Worth every Penny
Corporate Personnel Services, Conwy County Borough Council
Phil and the team at Bramhalls take the time to understand our needs. They provide pragmatic and commercial employment law advice, which is always timely and appropriate. They are also fun to work with.
Sharon Owen, Human Resources Manager, . Innovata Plc
We have worked with the team at Bramhalls for a number of years and have developed a strong relationship with Phil. We have especially valued the “no nonsense common sense” approach to employment law, making even the most complex of situations feel clear and manageable. Having the support and advice locally has made a huge difference for us, because sometimes it helps to be able to sit down together and work through issues face to face.
David Barlow. Director of Finance and Corporate Services, Greater Merseyside Connexions Partnership
Phil Bramhall and his team have advised Springfield Day Nurseries Ltd over a number of years giving consideration both to individual cases and to our internal processes. We have found the advice given direct and well thought out. The advice given has saved this company considerable time and cost, hence the longevity of the relationship.
David Edwards. Financial Director Services, Springfield Day Nurseries Ltd
Bramhalls have provided us with employment law support for several years. This has covered many different aspects of day to day employment issues including recruitment, sickness and disciplinary. We have benefited from discussing issues directly with a specialists and have always received excellent and quick advice. This professional advice has saved us a significant amount of time and money and we have with their help managed to bring sensitive issues to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties. I would have no hesitation in recommending Bramhalls to other Companies.
Sandra Forkin. HR & HS Manager, Imperial Machine Company Ltd
Billington’s longstanding relationship (over two decades) with Bramhalls has always been a partnership based on trust. Bramhalls provides a personal service, and its team of senior solicitors consistently takes care of our corporate concerns and employment matters with our best interests at heart. They deliver cost effective, honest legal advice, with integrity and professionalism always at the fore.
Phil has an exceptional understanding of the law, but more importantly, he has a very astute business acumen and he is able to advise on practical and strategic angles and not solely on legalities
Lindsey Broadbent, Group People Director, The Billington Group
We are delighted with the service we receive from Bramhalls. They have always provided us with high quality advice in a timely and efficient manner. More importantly, it is presented in language which a layman can understand, and which shows a clear grasp of the commercial realities of business decisions..
Paul Cooper. Managing Director, Ormandy Group
I need good advice, but I also need it quickly; hence the reason I have had a 15 year association with Phil and his team.
Andrew Waldron, Managing Director, ADR Network